Abu Dhabi and United Arab Emirates
image
image
image


Abu Dhabi and United Arab Emirates


Masdar Institute of Science and Technology is located in the center of the future Masdar City, a carbon neutral and a zero waste sustainable city to be powered solely by alternative energy. Masdar Institute is the first building to become fully operational in Masdar city. The city is currently under construction, and is expected to be fully completed in 2025.

Masdar City is located at the outskirts of Abu Dhabi, a modern city of about 1 million and the capital of the country. The UAE has a dynamic economy and its per-capita GDP is one of the highest in the world. It has excellent health care and infrastructure (roads, airports, high-speed internet, wireless networks). You may check the VisitAbuDhabi website for more information.

UAE society open to different cultures and tolerant to other religions. UAE welcomes people from all over the world who come here to work and study in this rapidly developing country. In fact, across the UAE, Emirati citizens make up nearly 20% of the total population; the other 80% are expatriates from Asia, Europe, North America, other Middle Eastern countries, Africa, and other parts of the world. English is widely spoken in the cities and is the primary language in the Institute.

For additional information, see the About Abu Dhabi page on Masdar Institute website.

image
image
image